Site Search

Please select an item.

Cold Weather Warning

Cold Weather Warning

As extreme, freezing weather conditions spread across Europe this week and being predicted to hit the UK over the next week how can you prepare your property for such conditions?

  • Prevent Burst Pipes

Visit your property and ensure all outside taps are shut off and ask your tenants to drain standing water to stop burst pipes

  • Clean Your Gutters

At this time of year leaves can collect in gutters and drains, leading to leaks, so it's best to clean them regularly. You should also check for cracks in the guttering as this too can lead to leaks.

  • Ensure your tenants know where the stop cock is!

It sounds obvious but ensure your tenants know where the stopcock is located! If they turn off the water mains this can reduce the damaged caused by burst pipes!

Should you experience problems during the cold weather Home Emergency 24/7 Cover from Leaseguard can help!

Features of the policy are:

  • Your tenant can make a call directly to a UK based Claims Helpline in the event of an emergency - no middle of the night wake up calls for you!
  • 3 way Claims Helpline - your tenant can explain the problem directly to an advisor and a highly trained, local tradesperson in one call.
  • Agreed appointment times - an appointment time which is convenient for you or your tenant will be agreed so that neither of you has to wait around all day.
  • Unlimited Claims -  the policy will pay up to £500 per claim, including parts, labour, materials and VAT to carry out emergency repairs.
  • The policy will pay up to £100 should the property become uninhabitable as a result of the emergency claim
  • All contractors and tradespersons are fully qualified and vetted so that you know they can competently handle the emergency.

Cover is included for:

  • Plumbing and Drainage
  • Gas & Electrical Supply
  • Pests
  • Roofing
  • Security & Glazing
  • Home Security

For more information about this product or to request a quote, contact our Insurance Team on 0845 345 0315 or email them at

Posted By Admin on Friday, February 3, 2012 | Type: Blog

Landlord Building Insurance

After reading a Love Money article this week about the dangers of not having Landlord Insurance in place we started discussing how many Landlords and "Accidental Landlords" out there either do not have the correct type of insurance in place or no insurance at all!

Having a Landlord's Building Insurance Policy in place is not a legal requirement but many mortgage providers will expect you to have the correct cover in place - and for good reason! As a Landlord you are taking a risk when you take on a tenant but there are many ways to cut this risk down:

  • Ensure that you reference your tenant - ensuring your tenants are who they say they are and that they can afford to pay the monthly rental payment is a good place to start!
  • You should have a comprehensive Landlords Buildings policy in place as a matter of course - you never know what's around the corner!
  • You should strongly consider taking out a Rent Guarantee policy - your tenant may look perfect on paper but a year down the line they may lose their job; protect your investment from uncertainty!

Don't be caught off guard. Call Leaseguard today on 0845 345 0315 or email

Posted By Admin on Friday, January 27, 2012 | Type: Blog

Tenant Contents - Personal Effects

Lately we have had one or two tenants who have called recently to claim for things which were damaged outwith their homes. As these tenants had advised that they did not want Personal Effects cover included in their Tenants Contents policy we have had to advise that we cannot assist them.

But what is Personal Effects cover?

This is an optional extra which you can choose to add to your standard Tenant Contents policy. It will cover your personal belongings should you take them outwith your home.

Why should I consider adding Personal Effects cover to my policy?

If your personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen whilst you are out and about you can claim for them with your Tenants Contents policy. However, if you choose not to include Personal Effects cover with your Tenants Contents Insurance then we would be unable to assist you.

What kind of items are covered under Personal Effects?

Items which you are likely to take out of your home are covered. Below you will find a helpful list of suggested items.

  • Laptop
  • MP3 Player
  • Handbag
  • Spectacles
  • Watch
  • Portable Electronic Devices
  • Mountain Bike
  • Sports Equipment
  • Wallet
  • Bank & Credit Cards
  • Camera
  • Tablet PC
  • Musical Instrument
  • Tools


How can I obtain a Tenant Contents policy with Personal Effects cover?

You can get a quote by clicking here or by contacting our friendly Insurance Team on 0845 345 0315 or email them at

Posted By Admin on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 | Type: Blog

< Prev  1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16  Next >

Rent Guarantee

  • Up to £25,000 paid for Rent Guarantee
  • Up to £25,000 paid for Legal Expenses
  • One policy per tenancy agreement

Tenant Referencing

  • Personal Service
  • 48 Hour Turnaround
  • Up to date technology

Your Renewal Reminder Service, Let us remind YOU!