Site Search

Tenant Contents - Personal Effects

Lately we have had one or two tenants who have called recently to claim for things which were damaged outwith their homes. As these tenants had advised that they did not want Personal Effects cover included in their Tenants Contents policy we have had to advise that we cannot assist them.

But what is Personal Effects cover?

This is an optional extra which you can choose to add to your standard Tenant Contents policy. It will cover your personal belongings should you take them outwith your home.

Why should I consider adding Personal Effects cover to my policy?

If your personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen whilst you are out and about you can claim for them with your Tenants Contents policy. However, if you choose not to include Personal Effects cover with your Tenants Contents Insurance then we would be unable to assist you.

What kind of items are covered under Personal Effects?

Items which you are likely to take out of your home are covered. Below you will find a helpful list of suggested items.

  • Laptop
  • MP3 Player
  • Handbag
  • Spectacles
  • Watch
  • Portable Electronic Devices
  • Mountain Bike
  • Sports Equipment
  • Wallet
  • Bank & Credit Cards
  • Camera
  • Tablet PC
  • Musical Instrument
  • Tools


How can I obtain a Tenant Contents policy with Personal Effects cover?

You can get a quote by clicking here or by contacting our friendly Insurance Team on 0845 345 0315 or email them at

Posted By Admin on Wednesday, January 18, 2012 | Type: Blog

Rent Guarantee

  • Loss of Rent paid for up to 12 months
  • Up to £25,000 paid for Rent Guarantee and Legal Expenses
  • 24 Hour Helplines available

Tenant Referencing

  • Personal Service
  • 48 Hour Turnaround
  • Up to date technology

Your Renewal Reminder Service, Let Us Remind You