Site Search

Tenants Contents Insurance - Why Do I Need It?

Although having Tenants Contents Insurance is optional, it is always best practice to have such a policy in place. A common misconception amongst many tenants is that they are covered by their Landlord's Insurance policy - this is not the case. The Landlord's insurance policy only covers the actual building and any contents which the Landlord has insured and provided for your use; your Landlord has no responsibility to replace any of your items. This is why you should ensure you have sufficient cover.

But why should I consider having such a policy in place if it is only "optional"?

Could you replace all your possessions after a small disaster? Having a good Tenants Contents Insurance policy in place has saved many tenants from traumatic loss after a major incident. In the event of fire, flooding, theft or another major incident, many tenants have lost all of their possessions with no way to replace them as they have had no cover in place.

Take a moment to look around your home just now; have you ever sat down and added up how much your belongings are actually worth? You could have a lot more in your home than you may think! Why not contact our Insurance Team and request a copy of our Tenants Contents Calculation Form? The total may surprise you! You can contact our friendly Team on 0845 345 0315 or email them at  

If you damage the Landlord's property (e.g. damaging the carpet or other fixtures and fittings) you could be liable to replace them. Can you really afford to do this? Leaseguard's Tenants Contents policy provides liability cover for up to £2,500 for accidental damage to your Landlord's property.

What can Leaseguard provide me with?

Leaseguard know how important it is to have an insurance policy that will protect your belongings should the unthinkable happen. That is why we have created a comprehensive and affordable Tenants Contents Policy.

Our policy includes:

  • Accidental Damage
  • New For Old Cover
  • Tenants Liability Up To £2,500
  • Replacement of Locks Following Loss of Keys up to £250
  • Frozen Food up to £200
  • Personal Money up to £200
  • Policy Excess of just £100



Optional Cover - Personal Possessions:

Think about the items you are likely to take out of your home with you everyday - your wallet, jewellery, MP3 player or even your laptop!

Here's a list of some personal possessions you may take out and about with you every day:

  • Laptop
  • Wallet
  • MP3 Player
  • Bank & Credit Cards
  • Handbag
  • Camera
  • Spectacles
  • Tablet PC
  • Watch
  • Musical Instruments
  • Portable Electronic Devices
  • Sports Equipment
  • Mountain Bike
  • Tools


'Why should I have Personal Possessions cover?'

A true case in point is a policyholder had a very expensive designer suit which he bought for his wedding, liquid celebrations were obviously fantastic and nearing the end of the night he tripped and fell, tearing both knees of his trousers, fortunately he had Personal Possessions cover in place and was able to claim for a new pair of trousers! Can you afford not to take cover for Personal Possessions outside your home?

Don't wait until it's too late! Click here to get a quote or call our friendly Insurance Team on 0845 345 0315!


Posted By Admin on Friday, October 14, 2011 | Type: Blog

Rent Guarantee

  • Loss of Rent paid for up to 12 months
  • Up to £25,000 paid for Rent Guarantee and Legal Expenses
  • 24 Hour Helplines available

Tenant Referencing

  • Personal Service
  • 48 Hour Turnaround
  • Up to date technology

Your Renewal Reminder Service, Let Us Remind You