Please select an item.
Cold Weather Warning
As extreme, freezing weather conditions spread across Europe this week and being predicted to hit the UK over the next week how can you prepare your property for such conditions?
- Prevent Burst Pipes
Visit your property and ensure all outside taps are shut off and ask your tenants to drain standing water to stop burst pipes
- Clean Your Gutters
At this time of year leaves can collect in gutters and drains, leading to leaks, so it's best to clean them regularly. You should also check for cracks in the guttering as this too can lead to leaks.
- Ensure your tenants know where the stop cock is!
It sounds obvious but ensure your tenants know where the stopcock is located! If they turn off the water mains this can reduce the damaged caused by burst pipes!
Should you experience problems during the cold weather Home Emergency 24/7 Cover from Leaseguard can help!
Features of the policy are:
- Your tenant can make a call directly to a UK based Claims Helpline in the event of an emergency - no middle of the night wake up calls for you!
- 3 way Claims Helpline - your tenant can explain the problem directly to an advisor and a highly trained, local tradesperson in one call.
- Agreed appointment times - an appointment time which is convenient for you or your tenant will be agreed so that neither of you has to wait around all day.
- Unlimited Claims - the policy will pay up to £500 per claim, including parts, labour, materials and VAT to carry out emergency repairs.
- The policy will pay up to £100 should the property become uninhabitable as a result of the emergency claim
- All contractors and tradespersons are fully qualified and vetted so that you know they can competently handle the emergency.
Cover is included for:
- Plumbing and Drainage
- Gas & Electrical Supply
- Security & Glazing
- Home Security
For more information about this product or to request a quote, contact our Insurance Team on 0845 345 0315 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted By Admin on Friday, February 3, 2012 | Type: Blog