- How do I submit my details?
- I am a Guarantor - how do I submit my details?
- What happens when I submit my application?
- What information can be found on CCJs/Court Decrees, Bankruptcy and Insolvency?
- What about Data Protection?
- Do I need the applicant to complete a hard copy of the Leaseguard Reference Application?
- I have missed out some information on the application form, what will I do now?
- I don't know my postcode - what do I do?
- How do I know what fields are mandatory?
- Why can't I move onto the next stage of the application?
- I think I have processed an application twice, what will happen?
- We are a married couple - how do we process our application?
- I want to know more about my credit score, what do I do?
You can submit your details online accepting the declaration before proceeding. Your agent will provide you with a unique reference number to enter the system.
The letting agent will confirm the appropriate tenant reference number. If the application is for a Guarantor Only Application simply enter 00000 in the 'Tenant Reference Number' field. This will allow us to identify that the application is for a Guarantor only.
Confirmation that your application has been received will be sent directly to your letting agent.
County Court Judgements (Court Decrees in Scotland), bankruptcy orders, sequestrations and voluntary agreements (e.g. voluntary insolvency) are searched for within the last 6 years.
Leaseguard Ltd is licensed by the Office of Data Protection and operate in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any personal data will not be passed to any third party with the exception of the Managing Agent of the property.
As we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1984 and adhere strictly to the requirements of the 1998 Act we will not process an application without your electronic acceptance.
On completion of the on line Reference Application there is an option to print the form. We strongly recommend that you either save a copy to your system and/or print a copy for your own records.
If you have not already submitted the form use the 'previous' button which will allow you to enter the missing information. If you have already submitted the application simply email or call our referencing department firstname.lastname@example.org or 0845 345 1705
If you are unsure of your postcode visit the Royal Mail Postcode Finder and follow the instructions given.
All mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
Mandatory information has been missed. All fields marked with an asterisk must be completed in order for you to proceed.
Our system will notify our referencing team of any apparent duplication. They will contact your letting agent to discuss.
Ensure that you have completed both names on the first page of the application and simply enter your spouse's employment details (if any) under the secondary employment section on the application.
You can contact the 3 credit reference agencies currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all.
They will charge you a small statutory fee.
- Equifax, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0844 335 0550 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 060 1414 or log on to www.callcredit.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk
If we have not answered your question or you require further information please do not hesitate to contact us.